Utility Billing

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Need assistance paying your water/sewer bill?

Visit csd.ca.gov/waterbill to determine eligibility and apply for the State of California's Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) which is a federally funded program that offers low-income households a one-time payment for a current or outstanding water and sewer costs.  

Hours and Contact information

The Finance Services Counter on the first floor at City Hall is open for walk-in payments and services from 9am - 4pm Monday through Friday and Every first Tuesday of the month 10am - 4pm, closed for lunch from 12pm - 1pm.

Appointments are available from 8am – 9am and 4pm – 5pm Monday through Friday. To schedule an appointment, please call (916) 617-4589. Payments may also be made online or by phone using a credit card or bank account with no additional fees. Check payments may continue to be placed in the drop box outside of City Hall until the due date for a payment to be considered on time. 

For information about your utility account, including balance due and due date, please contact utility billing staff at 916-617-4589 or by email at utility@890858.com

As an alternative to mailing checks, we have online bill pay for utility billing payments. This is a safe and convenient way to submit your payments. A link to the service can be found here: http://wsac.city/utilitybillpayment

When at City Hall, visitors should be prepared to comply with City facility security protocols outlined in this City Hall Visitors guide.

Setting up new service

Did you just purchase the house or are you renting?

Purchase – we need a copy of the FINAL SETTLEMENT STATEMENT or RECORDED/CERTIFIED GRANT DEED from the title company. Once we receive one of those documents, we will transfer the utility billing out of the seller’s name and into the buyer’s name as of the date of closing.  We do not shut off water or stop trash service while waiting for these documents.  If you purchased a house at auction, we need the RECORDED TRUSTEE’s DEED.

Renting – If the owner stated the tenant needs to pay for utilities, then the owner and tenant need to fill out a TENANT BILLING FORM (available below) and return it to us. 

All documents can be emailed to utility@890858.com, faxed to 916-373-9006, or dropped off in the utility drop box outside in the City Hall parking lot at 1110 West Capitol Avenue. 

The City of West Sacramento collects utility billing fees for water, sewer and refuse.

Sewer Service

The City of West Sacramento runs and maintains a sewer collection system consisting of 12 sewer pump stations along with all underlying sewer pipes across the city.

The collected sewage is then delivered to the Sacramento Area Sewer District's EchoWater Resource Recovery Facility (EchoWater Facility) via the 19-mile Lower Northwest Interceptor (LNWI) pipeline. This is the final destination for treating and recovering resources from the sewage before recycling a portion of it for non-potable uses. What's not recycled is safely discharged into the Sacramento River.   

For more information on the EchoWater Facility, please visit their website at www.sacsewer.com.

To report a sewer back-up, please contact Public Works at (916) 617-4850.

SB998 - Water Service Discontinuation

Discontinuation of residential water service for nonpayment

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer